CAREGET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WHISPER WOOD CANDLE Follow the tips below to help ensure optimal results when burning your candle.
- Trim your wick to ¼ inch before each burn. You can simply pinch off the chard wick or use a wick trimmer. Nail clippers work well too.
- Dispose of the snipped portions of the wick. Don’t leave the wick trimmings in the vessel. Do not trim a lit wick.
- Allow your candle’s melt pool to reach the edges of the candle at each burn. This will ensure tunneling does not occur.
SAFETYKeep these guidelines in mind when burning our candles:
- We advise against burning your candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
- Don’t burn a wick longer than ¼ inch. Maintaining a wick that’s ¼ inch in length helps to ensure a safe flame and a clean burn.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended, nor in reach of children or animals.
- Don’t burn your candle all the way down. It may be tempting to burn your candle until the wax is completely gone, however, we strongly advise against this. Instead, leaving a half-inch of wax or until you can see the wick clip. This will help to avoid overheating the vessel and any heat-related issues that may arise.
- A candlesnuffer is the safest way to extinguish a candle. Using a snuffer helps reduce the possibility of wax-related issues when blowing on hot wax.
- After your candle has been put out, allow it to cool before handling.